As a sun sign card, the Devil may reflect your conscious, expressive, outward, open personality; how you engage with people and the world around you.
As a moon sign card, the Devil reflects your unconscious, hidden, blocked personality traits, instincts and emotions; you feel them within.
As your ascendant (or rising sign), the Devil reflects how other people see you, especially when they first meet you. Your ascendant shows your natural, habitual, instinctive and spontaneous reaction to new people and situations. First impressions!
Personality Traits associated with the Devil:
Positive: hard-working, practical, organised, neat and tidy, materialistic tendencies, perfectionism, persevering, disciplined, prudent, ambitious, enterprising, restrained, faithful
Negative: calculating, dictatorial, manipulative, pessimistic, grudging, ruthless, self-conscious, cautious, inhibited, serious
The Devil/Capricorn Life lessons:
- following ambition not just for material gain but also for creative expression
- learning to meet and master the temptations of life
- looking at the brighter side of life and not taking everything so seriously
- learning to be self-disciplined at times of struggle rather than escaping into addiction
- overcoming fear of failure by reasoning and developing a more optimistic mindset
- letting go of the need to control the outside world to create inner peace
- reigning in obsessive need for power by sharing knowledge and skills with others
The following Capricorn correspondences also relate to the Devil:
Season/Timing: Winter (December 22 - January 20)
Ruling Planets: Saturn (also associated with the World)
Stone: Jet, Obsidian
Key Word: Ambition
Key Phrase: I Use
Transform your life this year:
Tarot Readings - Insightful guidance when you need it
Learn Tarot - A magickal, inspirational tool for life
Tarot eBooks - Great value, innovative Tarot study material
Learn more about Tarot and Astrology with my new online course.
Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest Tarot Astrology articles straight into your inbox when published.
You can also connect with me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.